Title: Geospatial Data Coordinator
Location: San Francisco, CA USA
Geospatial Data Coordinator: Digital Earth Educational Product
Location: The Presidio, San Francisco, CA
We are accepting applications for a paid intern to assist our Digital Cartographer with geospatial data acquisition and organization. One temporary position is available and compensation will be commensurate with experience. The position is part-time, between 12-20 hours per week, beginning immediately and concluding by early September 2008. We are looking for a responsible, self-directed individual who wants to be part of a creative design team and help bring an innovative educational program to market.
• Locate raster and vector data from a variety of web-based data providers, including NASA, NOAA, USGS, and United Nations.
• Acquire and organize specified geospatial data sets.
• Log incoming data and metadata using customized Filemaker Pro database.
• Participate in creative sessions related to digital cartography process.
• Test digital maps in software and with usability groups.
• Strong computer and Web research skills; familiarity with Mac OS.
• Excellent data organization skills and attention to detail.
• Experience working with geospatial software and data sets.
• Familiarity with image processing software such as Photoshop and Illustrator preferred.
• Coursework in GIS, geography, environmental sciences, computer sciences, and related disciplines a plus.
• Transit pass for free shuttles between the Presidio and downtown SF.
• Beautiful office setting in the heart of the Presidio.
• Opportunity to contribute to a meaningful project and participate in creative research and development process.
• Walking distance to cafes serving healthy organic food.
• Bicycle storage and shower facilities on-site.
Please send a resume and cover letter to Rick Kos: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email inquiries only, please.