Organization: County of Napa
Title: GIS Intern
Location: Napa, CA
Application Deadline: 2011-04-15
The Napa County Department of Conservation, Development and Planning is seeking a qualified intern to assist the County’s GIS Consultant in the maintenance, development and application of the Department’s Geographic Information System (GIS) during the Spring/Summer of 2011.
The GIS Intern will be responsible for working directly with the County’s GIS Consultant to maintain and update the environmental, land use, and agricultural datasets that are critical to the County’s planning process. The intern may also be responsible for special mapping projects as needs arise. Specific duties may include:
• Adding and editing features in GIS
• Adding and editing tabular data in GIS
• Maintaining and updating metadata
• Maintaining and updating GIS management records
• Current or past enrollment in a degree or certificate program in GIS, geography, urban planning, or related field.
• Experience using ESRI ArcGIS software, including ArcMap and ArcCatalog.
• Familiarity with basic GIS concepts, including data creation and management, cartography, metadata creation, and spatial analysis.
• Must be able to work collaboratively with the GIS Consultant and other County Staff, as well as independently.
• The selected intern will be asked to keep a regular (part-time) schedule of office hours.
This internship is currently being offered as an unpaid, temporary position within the Napa County Department of Conservation, Development and Planning.
How to respond:
Please provide a letter of interest and resume clearly demonstrating relevant GIS experience of the intern candidate. Responses should be emailed to Jeff.Sharp@countyofnapa.org by close of business on Friday, April 15, 2011. Any questions should also be emailed and will be responded to by email.